Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Into the Jungle

Well, I made it. The total flight time was 21 hr. In this time period, I briefly graced my presence in five cities. The fifth put me in the middle of the jungle...

My first stop after Chicago was Hong Kong. Who knew that the shortest distance between these two cities involved flying quite a bit north of both Alaska and Siberia? The roar of the four 747 jet engines must have covered the sound of sleigh bells.

After a 3 hr layover in Hong Kong I made it to Singapore at Midnight (the day after I left). This is all sorts of confusing for the body and mind. Singapore told me it is midnight, but in my mind, I thought it was noon. I only thought that I experienced jet lag before this experience...

After a night in Singapore, two flights later I ended up in my destination city of Kuantan. My layover was in Kuala Lumpur, but didn't get a chance to leave the airport. My coworker, hereafter known as Coworker, picked me up at the airport and we both decided a weekend trip to KL needs to be in the works.

There are other work crews in Thailand and Vietnam right now. Coworker and I will probably take a weekend trip to meet up with at least one of these other crews. Apparently there is an island off of Thailand that is incredible to visit.

I have videos of the hotel rooms I have stayed in, but I find the "outside the hotel room" environment to be much more descriptive of the location. There will definitely be video of wild monkeys, crazy scooter drivers and Chukka, the club which the Malaysian Sultan of Pahang frequents, in up and coming posts. The Sultan's palace is right down the street and Coworker is under the impression he "acquired" the hotel we are staying at.

For now, I'll leave you with these clips:

2 comments:

  1. Grampa Vern and I just looked at your latest entry. Love to see more videos!!

    Love Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you made it there okay! Safe travels, Bruss- we'll be thinking of you! - the Bruflats :)

    ReplyDelete