Thursday, September 10, 2009

Going to Malaysia

Just found out yesterday that I will be heading to Malaysia in early October. The length of the assignment should be around 3-4 months which just happens to coincide exactly with their monsoon season...Average rainfall per month:

October - 10"
November - 16"
December - 24"
January - 11"

For comparison, Chicago averages 36" PER YEAR. On the bright side, the temperature will be in the 70s and 80s for the whole trip. I'll get a nice welcome back to the Midwest when I show up in late January and its a -40 windchill.

Also, I got Magic Jack to work on my computer, so people should be able to give me a call as long as the Internet is working. I am refraining from putting my number on this blog, but please contact me individually if you would like the number. The great thing is that it's a 262 area code, so its just a "local" call.

It was really bizarre going to Best Buy and shopping for a land line. I asked the sales rep, "Where are the non-cell phones?" He replied, "Most people don't think we sell home phones anymore."

2 comments: